Classes, Workshops and Events
To sign up for a class, just go and click on the active payment link following the class description and pay with any credit card (no need to have Paypal account!) Or, you can come into the store and pay in person. No refunds or exchanges will be made on classes that make. Check your schedule ahead of registration to be sure you can make it! Please read more about our policy at the bottom of this page, thanks! **
Thursday, October 5 6:30 – 8:30pm Sign up here: $45.00
Make a number of crazy skull faces to adorn a bracelet; creating a number of facial expressions in the process. Everyone is different and super fun. Led by Larry Pile, the “Kessler Craftsman.”
CAT A PALOOOOOZA! Event: October 7, All Day.
Okay, the cat is out of the bag…. the truth is, Steve and Lela and Chris just freakin’ LOVE cats. We’ve had them in the store, at our homes, and in our hearts for many years. Yes, we love dogs and other animals too. But cats are so quiety unassuming as to not get their fair share of adulation and adoration. We decided it’s time to rectify that.
So we’re having a one day all out festivus del gatos; a celebration des chats – a cat house extraordinaire!
To help us celebrate, we are having these visitors and activities throughout the day:
- Patti Haskins: Handmade catnip snake toys, plus cat and kitten pillows and crocheted critters
- Cats on Film** – Photography of your sweet babies by professional photographer Kris Hundt. Please see examples and sign up for a session (scroll down…)
- Instagram Cat Mom – Jessica has been making short films about cats that have been featured at the recent Cat Film Festivals here in Dallas, and is now working on a feature-length film as well as an adorable children’s book about Santa’s newest little helper. Come see some illustrations!
- Dallas Cat Lady, Leigh; bringing information and education about how to get involved with saving lives of local cats (feral and non)
- Handmade Cat teasers and toys
- Coasters, cards, magnets, images on paper and fabric and glass…. all made by local artisans!
- Cat ears made by Chris and Lela will be on sale to raise funds that will benefit Cat Lady’s operation all over Dallas
- Special cat-themed snacks and drinks!
**Cats on Film with Kris Hundt: Time slots are available here:
Day of the Dead Painting with Erica!
Thursday, October 19 6:30 – 8:30 Sign up here $40.00
Celebrate Day of the Dead (and Halloween) with your own artwork! We have never offered guided painting before, but folks have been asking and this opportunity was too good to pass up! Erica Guajardo is a wonderful entrepreneur who’s amazingly creative illustrations show up at uber-cool markets and galleries all over town. (We have bought some pieces for our own house.)
Fused Glass: Kiln-Carved Candle Sconce
Thursday November 2, 6:30 – 8:30pm Sign up: $60.00
Led by Larry Pile, the “Kessler Craftsman.”
Fused-Glass: A Whole Bunch of Jewelry!
Thursday, December 7, 6:30 – 8:30pm Sign up: $85.00
Get your Christmas gift-giving done in one place and say you did it all yourself….by hand! YES!
Make a series of 8 pieces of fused glass Jewelry, including pendants, earrings, and cufflinks) using colorful fused glass. Led by Larry Pile, the “Kessler Craftsman.”
Fused Glass: Three Holiday Ornaments
Thursday, December 14 6:30 – 8:30pm Sign up: $50.00
Make 3 holiday ornaments to give or keep, using colorful, beautiful glass techniques.
Led by Larry Pile, the “Kessler Craftsman.”
** POLICIES: More info you need to read and know before signing up….
If you signed up and paid and the class you wanted doesn’t make, we’ll let you know via email and allow for reschedule for the same or another class. (if there’s no desired class, repayment will be made in the same form as originally paid.) If the class you later take costs more, payment for the difference will be due.
Should you need to cancel or reschedule a class at Makers Connect, we require 72 hours notice. A full refund will be issued or you may request a Class Credit to be used toward another class we offer. If a cancellation is received less than 72 hours prior to the class, no refund or Class Credit will be issued. This allows the teachers to be fully prepared for the correct number of students and to allow for time to fill the slot in classes that often have a waiting list.
Also, please don’t assume we’ll have space for a friend on the day of class – though we love the enthusiastic sharing of information, there are many classes that require specific tools that we might simply not have enough of and we don’t wish to disappoint. Just call or email ahead and see if we can accommodate your friends!